Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nancy Kominsky (1915 - 2011)

Nancy Kominsky passed away on the 11th of March, 2011.


Through her HTV West series, Nancy didn’t just inspire and teach me. More importantly, she gave me the courage to not give a damn what anyone thought of my efforts and not give up. Provided that I was having fun and progressing, nothing else mattered.

And, thanks to the magic of DVD, she inspired my two daughters as well. Although they are only 8 and 9 years old both of them know about “light, medium and dark tones” and “where the light is coming from” – Nancy explained these fundamental ideas so clearly that even children could, and did, understand them.

1 comment:

Martin said...

RIP Nancy

I loved that show, and I learned more about art from her than I ever did at school....